Forms and Documents
- Prostate cancer diagnosed at an early age
- Metastatic/aggressive prostate cancer
- Multiple cancers in one person (such as prostate and pancreatic cancer)
- Multiple relatives diagnosed with prostate cancer (especially aggressive; Gleason score ≥ 7) and/or related cancers (including breast, ovarian, pancreatic, colon, endometrial etc.) on the same side of the family and spanning multiple generations
*Reporting times are typical, but could be extended in situations outside GeneDx's reasonable control.
**The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
- Carter BS et al. Mendelian inheritance of familial prostate cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992 Apr 15;89(8):3367-71. (PMID: 1565627)
- Cybulski C et al. An inherited NBN mutation is associated with poor prognosis prostate cancer. British Journal Of Cancer. 2013 Feb 5 108(2):461-8. (PMID: 23149842)
- Durno CA, Holter S, Sherman PM, Gallinger S. The gastrointestinal phenotype of germline biallelic mismatch repair gene mutations. Am J Gastroenterol. 2010 Nov;105(11):2449-56. (PMID: 20531397)
- Huang H and Cai B. G84E mutation in HOXB13 is firmly associated with prostate cancer risk: a meta-analysis. Tumour Biology : The Journal Of The International Society For Oncodevelopmental Biology And Medicine. 2014 Feb 35(2):1177-82. (PMID: 24026887)
- Hwang SJ et al. Germline p53 mutations in a cohort with childhood sarcoma: sex differences in cancer risk. American Journal Of Human Genetics. 2003 72(4):975-83. (PMID: 12610779)
- Lowenfels AB and Maisonneuve P. Epidemiology and risk factors for pancreatic cancer. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2006 Apr;20(2):197-209. (PMID: 16549324)
- Pritchard CC et al. Inherited DNA-Repair Gene Mutations in Men with Metastatic Prostate Cancer. The New England Journal Of Medicine. 2016 Jul 6. (PMID: 27433846)
- Ryan S et al. Risk of prostate cancer in Lynch syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention: A Publication Of The American Association For Cancer Research, Cosponsored By The American Society Of Preventive
- Thompson D, Easton DF, and the Breast Cancer Linkage Consortium. Cancer Incidence in BRCA1 mutation carriers. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2002 Sep;94(18):1358-65. (PMID: 12237281)
- Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program of the National Cancer Institute. SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2012: Lifetime Risk Tables (URL: http://surveillance.cancer.gov/devcan) [October 2016 accessed].
- Wimmer K and Kratz CP. Constitutional mismatch repair-deficiency syndrome. Haematologica. 2010 May; 95(5): 699–701. (PMID: 20442441)